The project “L-TeN – linking TEN through better connection between tertiary nodes Turnu Magurele and Levski for sustainable development of the area”, Project Code 15.1.1.014, e-MS ROBG – 127, was funded by European Union, through the Interreg VA Romania – Bulgaria Program, Priority Axis 1 – A well-connected region, Specific objective 1.1 – Improving the planning, development and coordination of cross-border transport systems for better connections with TEN-T transport networks.
Project implementation period: 15.02.2017 – 30.08.2020
The project was implemented in partnership between: TAU Turnu Măgurele Town, Teleorman County and Levski Municipality, Pleven District, Bulgaria.
This project aimed at improving the transport infrastructure in the cross-border region Turnu Măgurele – Levski, implicitly at the level of the two existing tertiary nodes, as well as the development of a common traffic management system.
The project aimed at modernizing 1,909 km from Turnu Măgurele Municipality and 7,068 km into Levski Municipality, as follows:
- Chimiei Street (section between G-ral Praporgescu street and Stadionului street) – 0.551 km
- G-ral David Praporgescu Street (section between Taberei Street and Stadionului Street) – 0.435 km
- Mihai Bravu Street (section between G-ral Praporgescu Street and Griviței Street) – 0.2 km
- Sfânta Vineri Street (section between G-ral Praporgescu Street and Primăverii Street) – 0.366
- Taberei Street – 0.357 km
- modernization and rehabilitation of the road PVN 1110 / III – 304 / – Tranchovitsa – Obnova –
Granitsa Municipality (Levski – Pordim) – Kamenets – / III – 3501 (from I-3 km 6 + 800 km 0 +000 to km 13 + 868, km 7 + 068)
The total length of the modernized roads is 8,977 km.
Within the project, Turnu Măgurele Municipality purchased 2 descriptive static billboards and two electronic equipment with variable messages.
The locations where the traffic equipment has been installed are as follows:
- 1 descriptive billboard: at the intersection between Stadionului street and Praporgescu Blvd. (in the yard of Local Urban)
- 1 descriptive billboard: on ND 1 (from Corabia to the entrance to Turnu Magurele)
- 1 electronic equipment: on the road to Alexandria (between Petrom and Wirom)
- 1 electronic equipment: at the intersection between Primăverii street and Calea Dunării street, on the direction of entering the city.
Levski Municipality purchased 2 specialized equipment for monitoring and recording traffic 24 hours a day. The 2 equipment were installed on the Municipal Road PVN 1110 Obnova – Kamenets.
The total eligible value of the project was 4,532,577.37 euros.